Working Creatively with Fairy Tales: Cinderella
Fairy tales have been transmitted orally through many generations and have survived the test of time because they speak of essential human experience which touches us on a subconscious level. The fairy-tale journey into unexplored worlds is paralleled by an inner journey into unexplored regions of the self. As we travel in the shoes of the characters, we observe how they resolve conflicts and overcome obstacles in their paths, and this can help us do the same in our everyday lives.
- In this workshop, we explore the classic fairy tale of Cinderella on a personal and professional level.
- We will look at the background to the story
- We step into the story through role play or visualization.
- We see how the story resonates with the group.
- We explore the characters and the symbolic language to see what they may reveal.
- We look at creative ways of working with the story with our clients