Be the Artist of your Life Story
Art Therapist Gestalt
I offer a friendly, confidential space for you to talk and be heard in a warm, empathic and non-judgmental way.
My approach is holistic and based on mindfulness and Gestalt therapy. As well as talking therapy we may use art therapy, body work and psychodrama to help you explore and express your inner world. Since every individual is unique, our sessions will be tailored to your specific needs.
You are welcome to pop in for an informal chat to see if Story Arte is the best place for you to be in this moment in your journey. The sessions can be in English or Spanish
Centre for Creativity & Personal Development
Story Arte is the ideal place for you to explore you inner world. A cup of tea and a welcoming smile are always waiting for you in this safe, confidential space.
The symbol of the lotus flower is very present. From a bud living and feeding in murky waters it blooms into a beautiful flower. It reminds us that we can use the mud to make into beauty.
Art Therapy: Language of the Subconscious
Painting, clay modelling, dance, psychodrama, collage, stories…
Training and Qualifications
- BSc in Biological Sciences.
- Qualified Gestalt Therapist.
- Qualified Humanistic Art Therapist.
- Qualified in Integrative Therapy, Programa SAT, Fundación Claudio Naranjo.
- Trained to work with Body Processes through PCI. I am part of the team in the DMT training at Mary Magdalene Mystery School in Madrid.
- Trained in Psychodrama. I am a regular guest facilitator in the Pedagogical Psychodrama training in “Arte Sana de la Vida”.
- Trained in Mindfulness (MBSR programme). I practice the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh.
As well as my individual clients, I have a wide experience of facilitating groups of art therapy and expressive movement: I have worked as a telephone counsellor with Childline UK and with young people who are intellectually disabled in the Association Respirávila, in Spain. I collaborated as a volunteer with the association Artegeh offering therapeutic support to young people with limited resources in the “TransformArte” project. And, also, as a volunteer in Streetwise Youth (SWY), offering support, advice and care to boys and young men at risk on the streets of London.
I am a member of AEP, ARTEGEH and AETG, and abide by their code of ethics.
A Journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step
Frequently Asked Questions
What do we do in Therapy?
In our hour-long sessions, we use talking therapy and perhaps art therapy, body work and psychodrama to help you explore and express your inner world.
My role as a therapist is to help you to become more self-aware and accompany you on your path of self-discovery. It is a process of co creation between us. Through mindfulness based activities you can observe what is happening inside and connect with your inner strengths and recourses to overcome obstacles in your journey through life.
How do I know if I need Therapy?
You may be seeking therapy for many reasons:
- To deal with anxiety, anguish, fear, depression, phobias, stress, low self-esteem or food disorders.
- For support to deal with critical moments in your life like separation, loss or grief.
- For help in overcoming difficulties and old behavioural patterns.
- To nurture growth, personal development, transformation, wellbeing and help you lead a more fulfilling life.
- To dissolve old, limiting energies in the womb centre.
What is Gestalt therapy?
The pillars of Gestalt therapy are: to be aware, to be in the present moment, to focus on how you deal with what is happening to you and to assume responsibility for your life. The focus is always on the obvious (the phenomenological) and on what is happening and how you respond to it rather than on why something is happening to you. The idea is to help you learn to accept and trust your feelings and your experiences as you develop a sense of overall awareness.
What is Psychodrama?
Psychodrama is an action method of personal development inspired in the Theatre of Spontaneity that stimulates the capacity for creativity and spontaneity that everyone has. It is a creative way to explore possible solutions to problems and unresolved issues from the past.
We can also submerge into the world of dreams and fairy tales. Through role playing and symbolic play we open up a space for the unconscious to be expressed in an easy to understand language to help us lighten our loads.